At Lloydloomcushions, our experienced sewing department can create cushions of any size and shape. Bespoke cushions can be made from covers , templates , drawings and/or measurements.
No templates are required for cushions with straight sides, but any curved shapes will require a template which you can make from wallpaper, newspaper or cloth such as calico.
If you wish to send your old covers, it is still recommended that you measure your existing furniture or space, as over the years well worn cushions become misshapen and include these measurements with your covers.
Making a Template
1. Lay a sheet of paper on the chair seat and press the paper flat all along the bottom of the seat. Make sure to press the paper down firmly along the very outside edges of the seat.
2. Draw around the outside edges of the seat where you would like the edge of the custom cushion to be and cut out the shape. Keep in mind, we will make the cushion to the exact shape and size of the template that you cut out and provide us. If you would like rounded corners, please cut out the exact rounded corners you prefer.
3. After you have cut out the pattern, test that your pattern fits as well as possible. If you need to reshape an area or extend your pattern, just make sure you securely tape the paper together. We only need one pattern for each shape of cushion that you need.
4. To equally balance your pattern, simply fold down the middle, cutting where necessary. It may take a couple of attempts before you are satisfied with your drawing or your pattern. Again, your new cushion will be cut to exactly the same shape as your finished pattern, so please double-check your pattern on your furniture.
Clearly mark ‘front of cushion ‘ and ‘back of cushion’ on a seat, and ‘top’ and ‘bottom’ for a back cushion
Please mark your pattern with your name, customer reference number , thickness, quantity, fabric choice, piping fabric choice (if required ), where the zips should be placed and any other options such as ties or Velcro straps.
5. If your cushions are replacement cushions for a specific furniture set or collection , please label template with the manufacturer and collection name, as well as any identifying codes. ( eg Lloyd Loom of Spalding Burghley armchair COO1D)
6. Simply send your template to:
Lloyd Loom Cushions, Riverside, 21, Pye Hill Road, Jacksdale, Nottinghamshire NG16 5LR.
7. When we have your measurements we will contact you with a price, as bespoke items vary considerably